Thursday, February 13, 2014

People don't understand us

We have made some friends along the way, actually we have been hanging out with the same people we left Marathon Florida with. This is crazy. We traveled from Marathon to George Town Exumas with the same people. Sometimes they pass us, or we pass them, but some how we all keep meeting up. If anyone would have told me I would be traveling with the the people I met in Marathon, I would have laughed hysterically. But sure enough.

They are all nice people, we are just a bit younger than most. Some how we find the people we want to hang out with and they kinda stick around. But they don't seem to understand us too well. We used to have parties at our house, which I'm sure most of you remember, they were fun. Nothing terrible happened, we all just had a good time. Well these people have no idea. We have not even started to have fun yet and they are scared of us. They think we are off our rockers. I think they are all stuck on their rockers. Most of these people don't swim, don't fish, don't stay up past 8pm, don't play pool, don't drink too much, don't smoke, don't swear. I am not sure what they do, but it's hard to get them to play.

I was in charge of the wet t-shirt contest and the plunger game. It was like pulling teeth to get them to play the games. The T-shirt contest I understand, but the plunger game is fun and easy. They just wanted to watch. Most of the participants were the organizers of the other games going on so they had to be there.

Tonight we went out with some original friends. I didn't they one couple would ever hang out with us again. I guess I got a little out of control. Nothing I would not have done at home. But they tried to hang out again. I don't think they will do that again. We had dinner then went to the bom fire at the beach. We were late, the party was over, so we started it up again with a game of limbo. Me and Marina were the only ones playing....and the band. The rest of the people did not play. I kinda felt like we were going out on a limb and being rebels, but nothing bad was happening, just limbo by the fire at the beach. That lasted about 1 hour then we headed back to the boat. Picked up the coconuts we hid and then stepped in a big puddle.

Tried to play pool with a tourist, but he was with his children playing. I did play with our 2 friends, that was fun. Had pot luck dinner. So much food. That was nice.

It is fun, I just don't think they understand us yet. I will give them some more time.

On ward to Chat and Chill for Valentines day party tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment